Friday, November 1, 2013

P90X

Feel the endorphins; exercise gives you a natural high; don’t you just love the feeling you get when you exercise?

Lies, all lies cos I’m constantly in pain.

I’m not new to exercising. I survived the screaming bully that is Jillian Michaels and endured her torture and her tortured tools

1. Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
2. Ripped In 30
3. 30 Day Shred
4. Body Revolution

At the end of it all the fat wasn’t banished, my body wasn’t ripped nor shredded and my body, though down a few inches, wasn’t revolutionized.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying these exercises didn’t work, no; they just didn’t give the drastic results championed by the infomercials. I had high hopes for the duration of my journey with Jillian Michaels but those expectations got the life snuffed out of them at the end of every program I tried. I lost some weigh but not all.

So I decided to curb my expectations and search for a fitness DVD that would get me closer to my goal within an allotted timeframe. I watched countless YouTube videos and read an endless number of blogs and reviews before selecting my next torture tool. Enter P90X – Power 90 X.

My weight loss journey started in May of 2012 after I tore through my dress at a function – it was 12noon. I held the dress together with safety pins for the duration of the event as I was the event planner and couldn’t leave. After the event, I drove straight to the gym and enrolled to start the very next day. I was so humiliated.

Starting out I was a size 20 bordering on size 22. Now one year later I am a size 18 still fighting to become a size 14 before January – fingers crossed.

Transitioning from going to the gym to a Jillian Michaels DVD was difficult and I cursed her every time I popped her DVD in. Good times. Now transitioning into weight training is something of a challenge as I do not have upper body strength.

P90X involves a lot of pushups, pull ups and planks – no walk in the park; and whoever said Yoga was a breeze was just fooling around. Yesterday was Yoga X day and Tony expected me to do this!

Hell No

Give me weights and I’ll lift them, but for crying out loud ‘Crane’, ‘Pushups with one leg in the air’! Seriously dude! And I don’t know where to find the time to exercise for 1hour at a stretch, God help me.

I don’t know what I’ve signed up for cos I couldn’t scrub my back in the shower this morning from the pain.

I hope I can live through this. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment