Friday, May 18, 2012

Cheers To The Freaking Weekend or NOT

Its an established fact that every social person loooooooves Fridays. Its like when the week starts everyone secretly and sometimes openly wishes for the week to end so it can be Friday and they can party, relax or do whatever people do on a Friday.

Friday for me is a day i love to hate. I am almost always at my most unproductive for the week. Nothing ever gets done as I am so relaxed that my to do list flies outta the window. I am not alone in the unproductive pool; most people tend to shut down mentally from noon on Fridays and eagerly glance at the clock ever so often for 5.30pm to come around.

For most, Friday signifies the start of the 'fun' weekend of drinking, casual or not so casual sex, rest, catch up ... the list is endless. For me it just begins the countdown till Monday when the rat race begins. Yeah I know i should focus on the good stuff but I just can't help it especially when my weekends consists of carefully scheduled activities that often fun flees the scene before I arrive.

When people talk about their lovely weeks laden with activities and 'fun' I can't help but wonder what planet i live and a little green with envy - why the bloody hell can't I have that. Another thought that crosses my mind is that they could be lying about all these fictitious fun just to get me jealous. That I can live with.


So raise your glass with me as we toast the magnificent WEEKEND; may it be everything we dreamt it would be. May your rendezvous happen according to plan and may you, unlike me, have pure unscheduled fun so that when the dreaded monday comes you can think back to the past weekend and have a reason to look forward to Friday.

The cycle continues. Have fun. (wink)

2 comments:

  1. Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
    It never fails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe i'll try that this weekend. But spending the entire weekend asleep is a boring option. Restlessness will definitely set in.

      Delete