Thursday, May 17, 2012

EXERCISE - Yuck


Weight-loss, my Achilles heel.

I have battled with my weight for ages now. I recently looked up a pix of mine from five years ago and I was close to tears as I beheld the not so subtle transformation.

For the past 5 years I have tried all sorts of diet plans and diet pills which quite frankly were a waste of money - I'm an impatient person, if the results don't come early, I move on to something else. Its a weakness, I know but that's story for another day.

I finally stuck gold with my weight loss battle when a co-worker miraculously showed up slimmer than i recalled. It was truly magic. Slimmer waistline, smaller arms etc. I was truly green with envy. What was the secret, EXERCISE. Like seriously!!! That was the worst news ever cos as you can tell, I'm not an exercise freak. Grew up doing lots of them everyday with my mum - Jackie Genova to be exact. I can recite the entire exercise tape, that's how much of a fanatic i was back then. So, I told her to hook me up - Billy Blanks Tae Bo Flex and Flex Express turned out to do the trick.

6 months of rigorous exercise every evening after work plus protein diets, water therapy, a strict water melon diet, no bread for 2 years and I dropped a dress size. Yes, 1 dress size after 6 months. Boy was i pissed. But I loved my new figure.

2 years after that and I am back where i started from. Why? Just because i stopped EXERCISING. Annoying, I know. I did everything but the exercises - diets, calorie counting and close starvation - but i still gained the weight. I am told I have a slow metabolism this is, my body stores food like its hoarding fuel during scarcity. Boo hoo, poor me. That also means in other to stay trim and healthy I need to make exercise a lifestyle choice. I cried all day when i hard that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not lazy, its just that i am not a self motivated person and i need external forces to get me to keep at this new 'lifestyle' option.

So, I went out and registered in an expensive gym (talk about motivation) and torment myself every morning and evening for 1 hour per session. I am in constant pain, irritable most of the time and flat out exhausted at the end of the day. Yeah, I'm having soooooo much 'fun'.


Every time I get a calorie count mail or see pictures like this, I see red. Nobody tells you its bone crushing body aching mind over matter HARDWORK to make the transition from plump to slender but remarkably easy vice-versa.

I don't like being fat and right now I can't seen to find anything that I own to fit me or for that matter anything in the market that is remotely attractive (in my perspective) for a plus size lady so I guess I'm stuck on the treadmill and the stationary bike and the ab cruncher ..... You get the idea.

3 comments:

  1. This is great! Wonder why you don't write this way all of the time.

    I see this weight thing from another perspective..
    I love the part about motivation - thought you loved exercising? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one. I used to be of the opinion that being slim and slender was the way to go. However, in the last few months, I've come to the realisation that that opinion of mine is the brutal result of a well planned onslaught on our opinions usually speaheaded by the media. Think of the multi cash industry that feeds of this notion of being slender: the beauty pageants, lingerie makers, pharmaceuticals, authors...the list is endless. One thing is sure, as long as a person does not have any impending health risk from being plus sized, that person should feel good about their skin. The time has come for us to break away from notions and ideas that perpetually keep our minds and convidence in check. IMO, go out there and exhume confidence in yiur skin and watch people want to be like you. Nuff said

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes captain.
    I'm chubby and I love it

    ReplyDelete