Thursday, July 5, 2012

Dance And Drop It Like Its HOOOOT

Dance is a type of art that generally involves movement of the body, usually rhythmic and to music.

From the definition, it’s easy to assume that this ‘art’ requires minimal movements and it’s just pure fun. Wrong!!! For the professionals maybe, but it’s a bitter sweet feeling I’m assuming. It’s not pure uninhabited fun but there is some pleasure in the pain.

I have however developed a new found respect for dancers, boy do they have a lot of energy and have high thresholds for pain. When I watch music videos, ballets or Broadway musicals, I often salute the performances, critic whatever flaw I see and move on. Quite recently, I have had the opportunity to participate in some dance aerobics and I assure you it’s not walk in the park.

When I first heard about Shaun T’s Rockin’ Body and Hip Hop Abs, I rolled my eyes and said “Here we go again. Another one”. How in God’s name will dancing solve the problem? I have always believed in the use of the gym or serious minded aerobics and kick boxing routines; that’s where the real workout happens. But boy was I breathless, sweating from head to toe and experiencing pains in parts of my body I didn’t know could feel pain.

The moves stretch you and you have a live audience cheering you on – talk about motivation. I honestly doubted my dancing capabilities till I tried it out. I drop it like its hot everyday disco and hip hop style. Who said losing weight couldn’t be fun. LOL.

Kudos to our dancers out there – professional or otherwise – you guys do put in a lot of work and the finished product is always fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment