Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Haunting - Introduction

Ladies are suckers for the fairytale. A man to sweep them off their feet, dote on them, be attentive and available to them whenever they need. To find such a man, in a woman’s world, is to have struck gold. And for as many who get to experience the fairytale romance, they get to die happy and fulfilled women.

Yes, we all want that fairytale. I caution though, be careful what you wish for.

I love the great romances. The classic and modern love stories. The moment when the boy and girl meet and you just know that this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship. *deep sigh*.

Life in the movies and real life are very much opposites, but a girl can dream. I sometimes dream of meeting Mr. Right and just knowing that this was my Prince Charming, we would look into each other’s eyes and just know we were meant to be together forever. Yes, I’m a romantic at heart, but a cynic in reality. It’s all make-believe created to sell movies.

I just realized that some guys share the fairytale, love you forever dream. Who would have thought?

So it was just my dumb luck that I had the misfortune of meeting my very own Prince Charming. One of them die-harders who have watched one too many romantic movies that ends with the guy getting the girl after being persistent. The patient dog doesn’t always get to eat anything; it often dies from starvation – that’s the imagery in my mind.

Within the next couple of days I’ll share my experience of being ‘haunted’ by my rejected Prince Charment.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment