Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Stalker

I had a day. You know one of those days that you’re at your wits end; you can explode at the least provocation so all you wanted to do was get home, curl into bed, sleep and forget.

The drive home, fortunately was smooth, otherwise, all the drivers on the way would have experienced my representation of road rage. As I drove in and shut the gate, I heard a knock at the gate. Who would be knocking at this late hour I remembered thinking. The dog was having a field day barking away and that was contributing to the pounding in my head.

I looked through the peephole and lo and behold it was Prince Charming. I prayed for strength.

He knocked and knocked but I refused to open. I was honestly terrified. “How did he find out where I lived”? I was home alone; as the continued to knock I began to imagine some horrible scenarios where I’m gutted and the last words I’ll ever hear would be ‘If I don’t have you, no one else will”.

When all became silent, I cautiously opened the gate and confirmed he had left. Relief.

Then the calls began.

I finally picked.
“Why didn’t you open the gate? You saw me coming towards you and you closed the gate on my face.” “I’m only trying to be nice to you. Why won’t you let me in?” According to him, he waited for me and finally spotted me driving in, so he came to say ‘hi’.

He went on to emphasize that he brought some shoes for me to select. This was his way of telling me to take him seriously – I am capable.

I let him have it. There were no restraints in my voice or choice of words neither was I civilized. At the end of my speech which was a combination of insults and name calling, this stalking was definitely at its end. No self respecting guy would take accept being called desperate or compared to a woman.

After my tirade, he said he was only trying to tell me he’d bought me a pair of shoes and wanted to be sure they’d fit since he wasn’t sure what my size was. He later sent the pictures of the shoes and apologized for stalking.

When I opened the picture, they looked horrible.
I called to confirm the worst and yes , they were Okirika.

It was finally over.

2 comments:

  1. *rotf*
    For real?
    bend down select?

    At this rate, Joe, you're gonna kill me with laughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear, I had to re-evaluate my market value after that incident.

      Walahi

      Delete